Your dad came to apply for a job. I was supposed to give him an interview. He was so embarrassed when he saw me and he left immediately. But I had our guard followed him. I was here the other day when you were at school. He wouldn't tell me where you were but I saw your school uniform right here on this sofa. So I told him I was going to see you at school. I came to see you today, but he told me we had to talk first. So he brought me to a restaurant. He saw a friend in the restaurant and they talked for a long time about something, and when his friend left. He still didn't say anything to me. I told him I'm going to take you with me whether he likes it or not. But he said you won't come with me. He said you love him too much to leave him for me. And then he told me to wait and he'll think about it. I waited but he just drunk and drunk for a long time. And so now here we are. I'm your mother, Jenny," she ended looking intently at the young boy.
       Chad looked at her for a long time. "I don't know. I really don't know what to think or say to you," his statement still looking at her.
       "I understand, you're not sure whether I'm telling the truth or not. But when your dad sobers up we'll talk to you about us," Jenny said smiling a little. 
       "Okay then, I'll just go upstairs and bring dad a pillow and blanket. He then left and soon after he put the pillow under his dad's head and covered him partly with the blanket on the sofa. 
       "Where are you going to sleep huh?" Chad asked her.
       "Why are you sleepy already huh?" she asked the young boy.
       "Yes, I am," he answered and headed for the door opening it.
       "Go ahead and sleep, I'll find a place to sleep somewhere," she just said smiling at him at the opened door and stayed seated. 
       "You're not leaving our house yet," he said, smiling slightly, looking at her.  
       "Yes," she just said. "Good night..."
       "Good night..." he answered back, headed for the switch, turned off the lights, and walked fast up the stairs to go to his room leaving his mother with his dad in the dark living room. 
       In his room, he lay on his bed and thought about the girl who introduced herself as his mother. Chad then fell asleep. 

                                             Chapter 2

       "Wake up, I've prepared your breakfast," Jenny said as Chad opened his eyes. 
       He looked at her in front of him in his room. "Where did you sleep, huh?" he asked.
      "Beside you, I really missed you son and I want to be with you," she answered smiling at Chad. "Come down while your milk is still hot."
      Chad looked on the side of his bed and saw another pillow besides his and immediately realized that her mother indeed slept beside him on his bed. He smiled a little and walked ahead of her going to their dining table. When he got there, he saw his dad eating. "Come here son, did you talk to your mother, huh? What, are you going to leave me now, son? I don't have a job anymore. You can go with her if you like. But I'm sure you won't, would you son?" he asked Chad. Chad sat in front of him. 
       "So she's really my mother, huh?" Chad said and looked at her mom as she entered the dining room.
       "Yeah, she is. What are you going with her or you're staying with me, huh?" he asked again looking at his son's eyes.
       "I'm staying with you, dad, I'm not leaving this house," he answered his dad.
       "You heard our handsome son Jenny," Johnny bragged looking at Jenny.
       "Well, you don't have to leave this house son, because I'm not leaving this house myself. I came here to be with you Chad," she said, smiled and looked at Johnny.
       "I'm glad to hear that Jenny," Johnny just said and looked at his son's face. "Go ahead eat son, enjoy your first breakfast with your mom at home."
       Chad ate and looked alternately at both to his mom and dad. After he finished eating, he spoke. "I'm going upstairs to prepare for school." He then went upstairs, took a bath and changed. Afterwards he went down and said his good bye and went out of the door to go to school. The two was left in the living room looking at each other. "Welcome home," Johnny said.
       "Thanks," Jenny simply answered. She looked at him for some time. 
       Johnny simply smiled at her. "I could see you still find me handsome," he said looking at her and opened the TV.
       "You still think you're so handsome," she said.
       "I still find you so beautiful Jenny," Johnny stated, looked at her for a while and went to his room upstairs. Jenny went to the kitchen and washed the dishes. Afterwards she looked around the house and saw her son's pictures in an album. She took it and sat on the sofa. She turned its pages and kept looking at his sons pictures and smiled a little. Looking at the pictures, she realized her son was happy being with his father. And wondered how she could make her son accept her, love her. Shortly, Jenny saw Johnny coming down the stairs fully dressed up.
       "I'm leaving the house, you can stay if you want," Johnny said as he got near her.
       "Where are you going?" she asked him.
       "My friend just called, our company has new investors and their keeping the most efficient employees. I'm reporting for work once again," Johnny answered smiling at Jenny. "And you, what are you going to cook for our son huh?" he asked.
        "I really would like to cook for him but I really need to do some things really important back at my pawnshop. But I'll come back here at night to see him and I'm bringing him something we could eat together."
        "I wonder what he'll think if he doesn't find you here when he comes home this afternoon. Well, if that's the case I'll fetch Chad at school, go to a restaurant in a mall and have dinner. Bye beautiful," Johnny winked at her and opened the door to leave.
        "Your flattery won't work on me again," Jenny said looking at Johnny.
        "Really, why don't you look in the mirror and read," Johnny answered, laughed a little, walked to his car and drove for work.
        Immediately, Jenny walked towards the mirror, looked and read the expression in her face. She didn't like what she saw, she saw the face of the lady who saw Johnny for the first time at a  party. She frowned a little but smiled a bit when she remembered how Johnny's face looked like while he was looking at her. She immediately vanished the thought, walked back to the sofa and sat. She sat there for a long time and thought what Johnny had told her before he left.

                                            Chapter 3

       "Hey dad, your early are we going home now, huh?" Chad asked his dad Johnny.
       "Oh no, I got my work back son, I'm taking you wherever you want to go," he said smiling and put his arm on his son's shoulder.
       "Really, I'm so glad to hear that dad, can we go see a movie at the mall dad," Chad asked his dad.
       "Okay son, whatever you want," Johnny answered smiling.    
       The two then walked towards Johnny's car. And when they reached it they were a bit surprised. "Hi son," Jenny greeted her son as she rested her back on Johnny's car.
        "What are you doing here?" amused, Johnny asked looking at Jenny. "I thought you're going to your Pawnshop."
        "How are you son?" she asked looking at Chad.
        Chad smiled a little at her.
        "We're going to watch a movie at the Mall," Johnny informed Jenny.
        "Really, I was also planning to watch a movie at the mall, how about you go with me son?" Jenny asked Chad.
        Chad hesitated looking at her. "Hey Chad your mom is asking you if you want to go with her," Johnny butted in.
        Jenny sensed his son's hesitation. "Can I go with you and your dad to the mall to watch a movie huh?" she asked softly smiling at Chad. "I really missed you and I want to be with you son.” 
        "Okay son, we'll let your mom come with us. Just so she'll see how happy we are when we're together," Johnny said smirking a bit looking at Jenny's face.
        "Okay you can come with us if that's what you want," Chad said and started going into their car.
        "Thank you son," Jenny said and looked at Johnny near her.
        Johnny then opened his car's doors. Chad sat on the back seat and immediately closed the doors.  Jenny had no choice but to sit on the front seat beside Johnny. When everybody was comfortably seated, Johnny started driving towards the mall. Jenny looked back at her son and smiled a bit. Chad looked at her for a while, smiled a little and looked away. Johnny continued driving. He glanced at Jenny. Jenny is still so pretty, I can't deny I still like her, Johnny thought to himself. I wonder if she's really married, ah... but I don't think so. She's not even wearing a ring; she probably said it just to annoy me.
          Chad noticed his dad glancing at his mom and saw him smiled a bit at her. I think dad still likes mom, he's just trying to hide it. My mom's really pretty and seems kind. I really want to be with her too, but I'm afraid that if I go with her she might take me away from dad; Chad thought to himself and looked alternately at his mom and dad.
          Jenny glanced at Johnny. Johnny is still so handsome, I can't deny I still like him, Jenny thought to herself. But I'm here for my son not for him. I'll just stick to my story that I'm married so he won't go near me as much, Jenny finally thought and looked back at her son once more. She noticed her son was smiling looking at her and Johnny. She looked back on the road and smiled a bit.
          Johnny glanced once more at Jenny. I still love her, what can I do. I'm getting her back; he thought to himself and smiled a bit.  
         Suddenly Chad noticed something. "Dad I thought we're going to watch movies...." Chad asked his dad.
          "No, son I changed my mind. We're going back home instead.      Is it okay if we just watch DVD instead son?" he asked.
          "Huh, yeah I'm fine with it dad...." Chad softly answered and smiled a little.
          "Hey Jenny would you like to come home with us instead huh?" he asked.
           She looked at him for a moment and answered. "I'm going where my son wants to be Johnny."
          "Good," Johnny just said. "And I think it would be better if you cook your famous spaghetti mixed with chicken steak while Chad and I watch DVD at my living room. Chad, you know your mom's spaghetti used to be my favorite."
           Chad looked at her mom's face for a moment and asked. "Really mom you're good at making spaghetti?" Chad asked his mom.
           "Huh, yeah I make delicious spaghetti, all kinds of spaghetti Chad. Why would you like me to cook one for you at your dad's house, huh?" Jenny replied and smiled at her son.
           "Yeah, I really feel like eating spaghetti today," Chad simply answered his mom.
           "So, it's settled then we're going back home," Johnny said and started driving his car. Johnny drove slower and glanced at Jenny by his side. Still glancing at her he spoke. "You know Jenny I missed your cooking... but... I missed you even more... Really I missed you Jenny. Maybe it's my fault why we broke up. I still love you and if you still love me why don't we get back together even just for our son Chad. Unless you're married...."
            "Huh, you're married mom?" Chad suddenly asked his mom. 
            Jenny hesitated for a while. "No... I'm not really married son."
            "Aha, so you're not married. Why don't we get married instead Jenny? It would be fun with Chad watching us in the church," Johnny asked and glanced at Jenny while he was driving on the road.
            Chad looked and waited for his mom's answer.
            "I don't remember you being the marrying type Johnny..." Jenny softly said and smiled a bit.
            "I am now Jenny... will you marry me Jenny?" Johnny asked her. "I still love you Jenny."
             Jenny smiled and answered looking at him. "I still love you too Johnny. And yes I will marry you."
             Johnny held her hand on his side then turned his car around.
            "Dad I'm happy you two are getting married, but I thought we're going back home to watch DVD with mom," Chad asked.
            "Son your mom and I are back together, and I'm so happy I'm taking your mom for a movie date instead. Then we'll go home and you can watch DVD all you want," Johnny answered and looked at the smiling Jenny.
            "Okay dad, let's go to the movies so you and mom could go on a date." 
            Johnny then smiled and continued driving his car to the movies for his first date with Jenny after a long, long time... 



                                         The End